Question by Engineering Geek : What is a good robotics summer camp?
1) I have a budget- must be under $ 1,000
2) My daughter is 13, and therefore cannot participate in high school programs.
3) We live in Madison, WI, but are willing to go to the surrounding states… but Texas? No.
Answer by Penny G
Hi, I have a suggestion for your daughter, and I think it’ll be EXACTLY what you’re looking for!!! My son, who is 12, has attended Giant Campus (formerly Cybercamps) summer camps in 2007 and 2008 in California, at both UC Berkeley and UCLA. He attended game modding, but I got to watch the robotics presentations at UC Berkeley, and it looked like a lot of fun!!! Now, for the good part, there is a Giant Campus location in Lisle Illinois at the Benedictine University that has a robotics camp! I checked on google maps, and that location is 144 miles from you. Giant Campus summer camps has a day camp for robotics, as well as a residential overnight sleepover camp. It’s for boys and girls both, ages 10 through 17. At all 4 weeks my son attended there were quite a few girls, so your daughter has a good chance of making some new friends with the same interests at this great summer camp! Now more good news….. The day camp with the robotics lab fee meets your budget requirements!!! And for a discount registration there is even a Giant Campus summer camp promo code you can use – “GiantCampus53″. You can use this promo code even if there is also a promotion running at the time of enrollment! So, whether you register online or by phone, just mention “GiantCampus53″ for savings!
Here’s a picture of my son at Cybercamps in Berkeley – (now called Giant Campus) Scot G
If you need to book a hotel room, here’s a good site to check for discounts: http://scotgould.com/travelocity-weekly-deals/
Give your answer to this question below!
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Bridging Digital and Physical Worlds With SixthSense
- Official Angry Birds 3 Star Walkthrough Theme 3 Levels 1-5
- HTC Schubert
- Hook Your Guitar to Your iPhone and Rock Out with iRig