Posts Tagged ‘Meccanico’
In the watch world the Meccanico dG watch is a bit of a legend. Originally debuted back in 2008, it helped bridge the gap between modern tech toys and high-end mechanical watches. The all-mechanical design features dual time displays. One, a standard analog dial. Second, a digital display that uses countless small parts to indicate a second time zone like the piece’s electronic cousins. Incredibly complicated, the Meccanico dG brought new people into the world of high-horology that previously would not pay attention to what they might have considered stuffy mechanical toys for traditionalists.
You can see more hands on photos here but as you see it’s quite a looker.
The Mecanico dG comes in a large case built of titanium or other materials. There are a few versions of the pieces at this point in 2012. Much of the dial is skeletonized to allow you to see the mechanism in detail. It is produced by Swiss watch brand de Grisogono – known for its edgy, avant-garde designs. The Meccanico dG is likely their most ambitious watch to date, and is a fantastic watch to wear and operate. It’s manually wound movement works rather flawlessly, and the entire package is certainly in line with its more than $ 300,000 price tag.
Incoming search terms:
- powered by vBulletin entertainment news
- powered by SMF engineering technology degrees online
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups fine art models
- powered by SMF general electric company history
- Powered by Article Dashboard easter art projects
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups prepaid legal services inc
- Powered by Article Dashboard general electric history
- Powered by Article Dashboard classifieds ads in the united kingdom
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups female fine art models
- powered by SMF used ham radio equipment