Posts Tagged ‘Essentials’
Microsoft’s popular Security Essentials anti-virus software has failed to gain the latest certificate from the AV-TEST institute. In antimalware testing against a range of products, AV-TEST failed to certify AhnLab V3 Internet Security 8.0, Microsoft Security Essentials 4.1, and PC Tools Internet Security 2012 out of a total of 25 different vendors. Microsoft’s own anti-virus software failed to adequately protect against 0-day malware attacks, scoring an average of 71 percent vs. the industry average of 92 percent.
Microsoft says it has conducted a “rigorous review of the results” and has found that 0.0033 percent of Microsoft Security Essentials users were impacted by the malware samples not detected during the tests. Microsoft appears…
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard singapore acting school
- Powered by Article Dashboard bell curve clip art
- Powered by Article Dashboard anti virus software reviews
Fall has to be the period for surprisingly fixable thin smartphones. Repair work part provider DirectFix has actually uploaded a presently rare, video-based teardown of the Motorola Droid RAZR M that reveals just exactly how well Verizon’s mid-range smartphone copes with surgical treatment. In practice, it fares fairly well: those unafraid of voiding their warranty can easily disassemble the Droid RAZR M from leading to Kevlar bottom, replacing components like the battery, camera systems and flash with a very little risk of damages. Not all is sunshine and roses, nevertheless. The display assembly is a single piece, which could be as pricey to correct as it is effortless to change. We will not mind if it ever means dodging a full-price replacement in the event our RAZR meets the walkway.
Permalink| Droid-Life|Email this|Remarks
Incoming search terms:
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups lower back tattoos
- powered by SMF find internet music pandora radio
- Powered by Article Dashboard activity holidays
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups lower arm pain
- powered by myBB lower back tattoo
- powered by SMF take me in your arms lyrics
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups lower back tattoo
- powered by SMF lower back tattoos
- Powered by Article Dashboard take me in your arms
- Powered by Article Dashboard small lower back tattoos
If everyone needs the internet, then poor kids need it more — since so much learning material is dependent on technology. Comcast teamed up with the FCC to produce Internet Essentials: a $ 10 a month broadband plan and $ 150 computers to get the nation’s poorest families online. Six months later, the program’s been a colossal success, leading to the company adding some sweeteners: eligibility is being relaxed to include any family who qualifies for discounted lunches (swelling the catchment group by a further 300,000). It’s also doubling the speed of the available connection: 3 Mbps down and 768 Kbps up and is allowing community groups to bulk-buy packages to directly supply the most impecunious households. It’s also pairing up with the “connect to compete” initiative to reduce computer costs, enrich digital literacy materials and connect those outside of Comcast’s core service areas. You can head on down to our source link to read the extended report and see how families are benefiting from a little corporate good deed.
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard online high school physics
- Powered by Article Dashboard physics help for school
- Powered by Article Dashboard high school physics projects
- Powered by Article Dashboard physics projects models
- Powered by Article Dashboard online physics help
- Powered by Article Dashboard the physics of driving
- Powered by Article Dashboard a program
- Powered by Article Dashboard sample high school physics syllabus
- Powered by Article Dashboard free physics school textbook
Post Rehab Essentials
This Is A Workshop That Goes Through The Basics That Every Trainer Should Know About Injury Post-rehab Before Working With Their Clients. It Covers The Most Common Conditions And Gives Directions On What To Do And More Importantly, What Not To Do.
Post Rehab Essentials
Microsoft detailed the new features of its upcoming Security Essentials beta on Friday.
The software giant has started accepting nominations for a beta version of Microsoft Security Essentials. The company plans to include the following enhancements with the update:
- Enhanced protection through automatic malware remediation - The Beta will clean high-impact malware infections automatically, with no required user interaction.
- Enhanced performance - The Beta includes many performance improvements to make sure your PC performance isn’t negatively impacted.
- Simplified UI - Simplified UI makes Microsoft Security Essentials Beta easier to use.
- New and improved protection engine - The updated engine offers enhanced detection and cleanup capabilities.
Microsoft Security Essentials beta detailed, available by end of year originally appeared at WinRumors.com.
A false-positive update for Microsoft’ Security Essentials software has removed Google’s Chrome browser from hundreds of Windows desktops.
Reports of problems originally started at Google’s support forums on Friday. A support thread with 200 comments includes a number of users reporting that Microsoft Security Essentials identified Google’s Chrome browser as a “severe” threat and removed the software. Some users reported that the threat was PWS:Win32/Zbot, a variant of the Zeus (Zbot) malware.
Microsoft acknowledged the mix up on Friday and addressed the problems by releasing a new definition file update for Microsoft Security Essentials. ZDNet reports that the software giant updated its Malware protection center listing for the Win32/Zbot listing with the following:
“On September 30th, 2011, an incorrect detection for PWS:Win32/Zbot was identified. On September 30th, 2011, Microsoft released an update that addresses the issue. Signature versions 1.113.672.0 and higher include this update.
PWS:Win32/Zbot is a password-stealing trojan that monitors for visits to certain Web sites. It allows limited backdoor access and control and may terminate certain security-related processes.”
Microsoft’s Windows chief, Steven Sinofsky, introduced Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8 Metro style earlier this month at the company’s BUILD conference. Sinofsky joked: “I don’t think anything is better than a Chrome-less browsing experience.” Perhaps he’s more of a visionary than we first thought.
Faulty Microsoft Security Essentials update removes Chrome from Windows originally appeared at WinRumors.com.
Earlier this year, when Comcast bought up NBC Universal, the company made a promise to boost broadband access in underserved communities and, with the launch of its new Internet Essentials service, it looks poised to follow through on that commitment. Originally laid out as the Comcast Broadband Opportunity Program, the plan offers internet access for only $ 10 a month to families with children who qualify for free lunch programs. Taking its commitment even further, the outfit is offering a $ 150 voucher for the purchase of a computer, access to free digital literacy training, and a Norton Security Suite. Of course there are a couple of requirements — one being that you have to have made good on previous Comcast bills — but we’re hoping this will help the old red, white, and blue climb a couple rungs on the broadband adoption ladder. Full details of the ambitious plan await you in the PR after the break.
Permalink| | Email this | Comments
Props to Engadget
Could Windows Live Essentials really be “better than Mac for photos, hands down,” as per the gauntlet Microsoft’s Brian Hall tossed earlier this month? There’s only one way to find out, and that’s by trying it out yourself with the free download at our source link. The software suite just hit beta with not only the face-recognizing, photo-stitching new rendition of Photo Gallery, but also new versions of Mail, Movie Maker, Messenger, Writer and a Mac-friendly version of the Dropbox-like Sync (no, not that Sync) as well. So… what are you waiting for? Oh, you’re still “awwing” at the image above, aren’t you?
Continue reading Windows Live Essentials beta is ready for your downloading delight
Permalink || Email this | Comments
Props to Engadget
- Allows operation of two windows in one direction or one motor in two directions
- Great for sunroofs or rear windows