Posts Tagged ‘Baby’s’
In today’s feel good story, doctors in Italy successfully implanted this lil titanium pump into the chest of a 16-month old boy to act as his heart until a donor heart was found. Just don’t go thinking about how you find another 16-month old heart for transplant, because I just did and now I’ve got the sads
The doctors at Rome’s Bambino Gesu hospital said the operation was carried out last month and made public this week. The baby, whose identity has not been disclosed, was kept alive for 13 days before the transplant and is now doing well.
The tiny titanium pump weighs only 11 grams and can handle a blood flow of 1.5 liters a minute. An artificial heart for adults weighs 900 grams.
“This is a milestone,” surgeon Antonio Amodeo told Reuters television, adding that while the device was now used as bridge leading to a transplant, in the future it could be permanent.
Hoho — science used for good for a change! Also, I doubt it’s actually the world’s smallest artificial heart, just the world’s smallest artificial heart for a human. Because I guarantee there’s some scientist out there who’s made an artificial heart for a mouse before. “Stop wasting your time and just feed the damn thing to a snake,” I imagine his colleagues told him.
Thanks to daniel, who has zero bionic parts and wants to keep it that way. Lucky! I’ve got a half bionic arm and sometimes it tries to kill me.
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard mass general
- Powered by Article Dashboard agricultureal regional map
- Powered by Article Dashboard food chain pictures
- Powered by Article Dashboard children\s hospital
- powered by vBulletin general hospital cast
- Powered by Article Dashboard skylights
- Powered by Article Dashboard animal food chain
- Powered by Article Dashboard general hospital cast pictures
- powered by vBulletin agricultureal regional map
- powered by vBulletin animal food chain
The official music video for Kurt Vile’s “Baby’s Arms” from Smoke Ring For My Halo released on Matador Records. Directed and filmed by Todd Cole entirely on the Windows Phone. Watch the behind the scenes with director Todd Cole on making the music video here: www.youtube.com Todd’s video is part of the Windows Phone Me series, a collection of short film essays exploring a day in the life of creative Windows Phone users. With seamless connectivity between contacts and social networks in the People Hub, one touch searching from Bing and the only phone to come with Office Mobile built-in, Windows Phone allows these users to create and connect anywhere, at any time. kurtvile.com www.matadorrecords.com
Video Rating: 4 / 5
Incoming search terms:
- powered by SMF discovery science center
- Powered by Article Dashboard back in baby\s arms
- powered by SMF how to get your dog to walk on the lead
- powered by SMF skylights