Posts Tagged ‘adam savage’
Image: NC Science Festival
The North Carolina Science Festival kicks off on September 11th. With hundreds of events scattered across the entire state, there’s something for everyone at the first of its kind festival.
One event of particular interest to most GeekDad readers is “An Afternoon with Adam and Jamie.” On September 19th at the Dean Smith Center in Chapel Hill, MythBusters Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman will discuss their enviable careers, share behind-the-scenes stories and outtakes, and even screen a video of the show’s more spectacular explosions. They’ll also be taking questions from the audience.
Adam and Jamie can probably appreciate the theme of the festival: “Life is your lab.” The rest of the festival centers around this idea and features tons of cool hands-on science events in various locations across the state:
- Come face-to-face with all things creepy and crawly at Bugfest (North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, Raleigh).
- Check out the biggest exhibit of shell collections in North Carolina (Cape Fear Museum of History and Science, Wilmington).
- Explore the science of wine making (Shelton Vineyards, Dobson).
- Build an electromagnet (Imagination Station, Wilson).
- Take a guided bird walk (Jackson Park, Hendersonville).
- Tour a coastal research station (US Army Corps of Engineers Field Research Facility, Duck).
- Learn how movie professionals create special effects (Museum of Life and Science, Durham).
The festival runs from September 11-26. Event locations, prices and details can be found at the NC Science Festival website.
Keep an eye out for more coverage from the NC Science Festival and look for GeekDad at the events!
Go here to see the original:
MythBusters to Headline North Carolina Science Festival
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard ministry of education
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups science channel
It’s been great watching all of the GeekDad coverage of San Diego Comic-Con, and I am quite envious of the people who were able to attend this year. Fortunately nothing is really that far away on the internet, and I have been cruising the blogs, Twitter, and YouTube looking for tidbits of my favorite celebrities.
In my quest to cure the envy, I came upon three w00tstock videos that feature a few of my favorite entertainers.
Starting out at number one is my absolute favorite female vocalist, the lovely and extremely talented Marian Call. As best I can tell, she performed three songs, but can only find 2 of decent quality. Here’s “I’ll Still Be a Geek” with Marian Call, Molly Lewis, Paul and Storm, and a couple people whose names I can’t find right now.
Two more videos after the jump.
Felicia Day, Sandeep Parikh, Jeff Lewis, Paul and Storm, and Molly Lewis perform an acoustic and partially ad-lib version of “Do You Want To Date My Avatar”. Sandeep rocks the triangle.
And I’ll close with one more from Marian. The title song from the movie “Zombie Cheerleader Camp.” If you’re curious how this song came about, you can read more on Marian’s blog post: Zombie Cheerleading Camp