Posts Tagged ‘9220’
We’re just beginning our sojourn through this year’s BlackBerry World, and we’ve already found a rare gem that may not get a lot of face time here in the States: the Curve 9220. This little 3G-less beaut takes advantage of BlackBerry OS 7.1, but it isn’t going to attract the spec-hungry folk — it packs a 2MP camera and features a 2.4-inch non-touch display with 320 x 240 resolution. It very well may, however, gain the favor of anyone looking for a budget-friendly BBM device. Seeing as this is the phone’s major selling point, we made sure to take a few minutes to play with its keyboard. Compared to the QWERTY-laden legends that have graced BlackBerry devices for years (the Bold 9900 and Tour come to mind), the 9220′s keyboard has some big shoes to fill, but unfortunately you won’t be blessed with the same kind of experience that you’d have when using one of its elder brothers. Due to the phone’s petite size, the individual keys — arranged in standalone formation and without frets — are a bit cramped and felt a little too slick for our taste. Of course, this isn’t poised to be the latest and greatest that Waterloo has to offer, but for the low price of 10,990 rupees (about $ 210), it’s still a pretty sweet deal for messaging lovers on a shoestring budget. Head below to view the phone from every angle.
Gallery: BlackBerry Curve 9220 hands-on
Joseph Volpe contributed to this post.
Incoming search terms:
- powered by vBulletin business class airfare
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups cheapest business class flight cheapest business class
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups business class airfare array
- Powered by Article Dashboard used amateur radio
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups music and entertainment products software books
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups first class cheap business class airfare
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups first class cheap business class airfares
- powered by SMF discount business class airfare business class airfares - flights tickets business and first class t
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups home audio receivers
- Powered by Article Dashboard ham radio tests
There are a lot of Indian hands out there, hands in which there could also be a BlackBerry smartphone. A fact not lost on RIM it would appear, as it’s set to released its “most affordable” Curve — the 9220 — over there. Naturally, the ubiquitous BBM service takes center stage, even having its own dedicated button. The new handset also comes fully laden with all the usual social networking goodies, and for the launch RIM’s kindly throwing in a selection of apps from BlackBerry World worth 2500 rupees (about $ 50) if you get on board before June 30th. You might want to find a WiFi hotspot to download them though, as there’s no 3G, but you can tune into Radio Mumbai via the FM receiver to take your mind off that omission. Camera-wise it’s a fairly humble 2-megapixel affair, which combined with the memory card slot, should allow a stack of photos for sharing. Wondering exactly how affordable it is? Lay down 10,990 rupees (about $ 210,) and it’s yours — as of tomorrow that is.