Microsoft announced on Tuesday the immediate availability of eight new Xbox LIVE TV channels.
The software giant is expanding its offerings in the U.S. and Europe to offer new localized TV channels. The new channels are as follows:
- 4 on Demand (C4). United Kingdom
- ABC iView (Australian Broadcasting Corp.). Australia
- Dailymotion. Available in 34 countries globally
- Demand 5 (Five). United Kingdom
- M6. France
- MSN Video. France
- UFC on Xbox LIVE (UFC). Canada, United States
- VUDU (Wal-Mart). United States
Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE TV channels are enabled as part of a recent dashboard upgrade. Microsoft rolled out a number of holiday based changes to the Xbox recently. The software maker refreshed its Xbox.com homepage with a new social section that shows what Xbox friends are doing and provides access to the beacons feature in the next Xbox 360 dashboard. The feature allows users to mark games they want to play with others, making it easier for friends to find time to game with each other. Microsoft has also added search ability to the Zune video catalog and buy/rent movies and TV shows from Xbox.com.
Microsoft also started to push copies of the Xbox 360 fall dashboard update out to Xbox owners. The November dashboard update includes Microsoft’s Metro style interface to the Xbox. Microsoft also rolled out a YouTube application on the Xbox recently. Microsoft’s Xbox dashboard now includes Bing search. Bing users can use Kinect’s voice recognition feature to search for movies, music and other content on their consoles. The new dashboard also enables Microsoft’s upcoming Windows Phone integration with Xbox, see a video demonstration here.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Bridging Digital and Physical Worlds With SixthSense
- Official Angry Birds 3 Star Walkthrough Theme 3 Levels 1-5
- HTC Schubert
- Hook Your Guitar to Your iPhone and Rock Out with iRig