There are all sorts of ways to go green these days, from driving an EV to installing super efficient light bulbs, and now Logitech’s given us an environmentally friendly way to type tactilely on a tablet. It’s a new iPad and iPad 2-friendly case called the Solar Keyboard Folio, which packs a Bluetooth keyboard powered by ambient light using the same solar cell tech found on the firm’s computer keyboards. Once topped up with photons, Logitech claims its battery will keep you typing for over 1,000 hours even in complete darkness. The case is crafted of black, soft-touch, faux leather embossed with a small Logitech logo and has perforations for the iPad’s speakers, plus a portal for the tablet’s camera.
Its keyboard is made of gray plastic, and pecking at the grid is a similar experience to using the one found on Logitech’s other recently released iPad typing peripheral, the Ultrathin Keyboard Cover. Buttons are short-throw and provide satisfying clicky feedback, but the space bar and shift keys have a hollow feel when pressed. Perhaps the Folio’s most intriguing design feature is the feet on the corners of the cradle in which the iPad is placed. Those little nubs allow for two viewing angles — your slate can be seated in a more upright position behind the keyboard for typing, or in the notches outside the two shift keys for a more obtuse viewing angle when the keyboard isn’t needed. What’s this bit of green gear cost? It goes on sale in the US and Europe this month with an MSRP of $ 130.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Bridging Digital and Physical Worlds With SixthSense
- Official Angry Birds 3 Star Walkthrough Theme 3 Levels 1-5
- HTC Schubert
- Sketching Out a Future for the Stylus
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard real magic tricks
- Powered by Article Dashboard download passport application
- Powered by Article Dashboard online physics labs
- Powered by Article Dashboard price support
- powered by myBB big screen entertainment center
- powered by vBulletin child support
- Powered by Article Dashboard typing software