Question by : how do you become a Robotics Engineer?
Simple enough right? This is the career that im wanting to go into and im wanting to know what all i need to have to be come one. Exp,college courses etc. Also what is the best college for that particular field?
Answer by do-anh
Start preparing yourself for the challenges of working as a robotics engineer while earning your high school degree. You should take any advanced placement math, science or computer courses offered by your high school. These classes might include algebra, trigonometry, physics, computer science or computer-aided drafting.
Join your high school’s robotics team. High school robotics teams design and construct actual robots, and then enter the robots into competitions against other high school robotics teams. Being a part of a robotics competition will help better prepare you for the challenges of a college-level engineering program.
Apply to colleges that offer a Bachelor of Science in Engineering. Upon entering college, you should enroll in an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, or ABET, Engineering program. More information about this program can be found in the Resources section below.
Decide on a specialty while in college. Robotics engineers can specialize in electronic, electrical, manufacturing, industrial or mechanical engineering. Your coursework should help you decide which specialty most interests you. Some of your courses will include robotics theory, design and development, electronics, electrical theory, robotics laboratory and machine automation.
Expect to spend five years earning your bachelor’s degree. Most engineering programs take five years to complete, as opposed to the traditional four years. During that time, take advantage of any on-the-job training or field work your university offers. These types of programs offer students invaluable training, as well as networking opportunities that could help you find work when you graduate.
Decide what type of institution or company you’d like to work for upon graduating. Robotics engineers typically work for corporations, private organizations, manufacturing companies or military agencies. The Society of Manufacturing Engineers, located in the Resources section below, can help you find find employment as a robotics engineer.
To become a robotics engineer, you’ll need to earn a Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Add your own answer in the comments!
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Bridging Digital and Physical Worlds With SixthSense
- Official Angry Birds 3 Star Walkthrough Theme 3 Levels 1-5
- HTC Schubert
- Sketching Out a Future for the Stylus
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard bachelor of science degree
- Powered by Article Dashboard science degree
- Powered by Article Dashboard engineering degree
- Powered by Article Dashboard help with science homework help
- Powered by Article Dashboard computer science careers
- powered by SMF spelling
- Powered by Article Dashboard need help with my homework
- Powered by Article Dashboard high school physics honors help on homework
- Powered by Article Dashboard become a engineer
- powered by SMF computer science degree jobs