Question by jjjjjjkkkkktttt: Geology Questions help please?
Can anyone help me with any of these or all of them?
10. What did the Miller experiment show scientists in the 1950′s?
a. That organic materials could easily give rise to inorganic materials on the early Earth
b. That dirty clothes and wheat could be combined to spontaneously produce mice
c. That inorganic materials could easily give rise to organic materials on the early Earth
d. That life requires hydrogen sulfide to survive
11. What eventually led to the accumulation of oxygen in Earth’s atmosphere after around 3.5 b.y. ago?
a. It arrived via comets
b. It was a byproduct of cyanobacterial photosynthesis
c. Trees and grass gave off large amounts of oxygen at that time
d. It was released by iron ore
12. What life forms were present on Earth in the Archean?
d. all of the above
13. What did the Murchison meteorite demonstrate? (Hint: mentioned in the lecture notes, not textbook)
a. That banded iron formations (BIF’s) can form elsewhere in the solar system.
b. That stromatolites can form elsewhere in the solar system.
c. That amino acids can form elsewhere in the solar system.
d. That granulite and greenstone can form elsewhere in the solar system.
14. Which of the following is true of the Archean?
a. The atmosphere was rich in oxygen.
b. There were many plants and animals on Earth.
c. All living things were prokaryotes.
d. Earth’s heat flow was much less than at present.
Answer by Adda N
What do you think? Answer below!
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Bridging Digital and Physical Worlds With SixthSense
- Official Angry Birds 3 Star Walkthrough Theme 3 Levels 1-5
- HTC Schubert
- Hook Your Guitar to Your iPhone and Rock Out with iRig