Taiwanese electronics manufacturer Foxconn saw its profits fall to $ 509 million from $ 1.19 billion last quarter. Chairman Terry Gou said this quarter was particularly affected by Foxconn’s recent image problem. Improvements in wages, worker benefits, and education accounted for some of the loss, although new iPad and iPhone 4S manufacturing bolstered income last quarter.
As a reaction to recent popular criticism on various fronts, the company increased wages by 25 percent this year and is planning to open a hospital and language schools for its employees.
Reuters reports that despite the fall in profit, top-rated Foxconn employees cheered vociferously at a party in Gou’s honor.
Arguably, they may have been a bit biased.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Bridging Digital and Physical Worlds With SixthSense
- Official Angry Birds 3 Star Walkthrough Theme 3 Levels 1-5
- HTC Schubert
- Sketching Out a Future for the Stylus
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard television news bias
- Powered by Article Dashboard national center for science education
- Powered by Article Dashboard federal income
- Powered by Article Dashboard legal aid society
- Powered by Article Dashboard internet radio software
- Powered by Article Dashboard legal aid
- Powered by Article Dashboard internet tv stations
- Powered by Article Dashboard repair internet explorer 8
- Powered by Article Dashboard social networking logo
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups walton regional medical center