Say you’re a misanthrope and you’re afraid of humans. What to do? Well, you could cower in the dark when people ring your doorbell or you could laugh derisively at their smug faces in the screen of your iPhone. I’m going for the derisive laughter.
The system works by pushing images grabbed by the webcam through PushingBox to an app like Prowl or Pushme.to. When the doorbell is pressed, it sends a serial signal to the Arduino board which in turn notifies the various services. The webcam picture then gets sent over to you so you can decide whether to let whoever is outside in.
It’s probably a little more complex than it needs to be, but if you’re totally into watching the world pass you by it’s a great solution and a fun weekend project.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Bridging Digital and Physical Worlds With SixthSense
- Official Angry Birds 3 Star Walkthrough Theme 3 Levels 1-5
- HTC Schubert
- Hook Your Guitar to Your iPhone and Rock Out with iRig
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard fitness test
- Powered by Article Dashboard diy projects
- Powered by Article Dashboard ancient
- Powered by Article Dashboard a sound of thunder
- Powered by Article Dashboard 09 chicago south entertainment book
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups presidential physical fitness test
- Powered by Article Dashboard child support calculations
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups exercise bike
- Powered by Article Dashboard the definition of physical fitness
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups cover art mccalls