Posts Tagged ‘Gold card’
Disclaimer: You could brick your phone and/or void your warranty. What you read here and then attempt to do is at your own risk. I am not responsible for what you do with your phone, PC, Mac, or whatever else you are messing around with. Proceed at your own risk.
I received a replacement MT3G after successfully rooting, then subsequently bricking my phone attempting to install an incompatible ROM that updated the SPL. Rooters beware. Below is how I rooted my replacement phone that came with stock Android 1.6 build DRC92 and the perfect SPL 1.33.0007. The combination isnt bad to root IF you have the correct files and a Goldcard.
- Download and save the file 2.53.707.2_-_sappimg.zip from http://rapidshare.com/files/267446145/2.53.707.2_-_sappimg.zip
- Discussion thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=548218
- Power down your phone
- Remove the back panel
- Remove the SD card
- Insert the SD card into your PC
- Copy the zip file to the root of your SD card, no folder
- Rename the file to "sappimg.zip" if it isn’t already, be sure that it isnt "sappimg.nbh.nbh"
- Put the SD card into your phone
- Enter "FASTBOOT Mode" on your phone by holding the Volume Down and Power buttons (you can also use the Back and Power buttons)
- The screen will turn white with three little green robots on the bottom
- Click the trackball and wait for it to pick up the "sappimg.zip" file
- It may be necessary to press the down volume button, followed by the back button
- Click the trackball again to begin, it should automatically update from there
- If you do not get "Update Complete!" you will need to build a Goldcard and try again: Here is how to create a Goldcard – http://thatsbadass.com/android/2010/02/08/goldcard-build/
- Once complete, reboot the phone
Sometimes a Goldcard is necessary to successfully install the sappimg necessary to root your phone. Below is the process for creating that Goldcard. I used the original card that came with my phone. Some card do not support this process so you may need to try a few.
First you will need to download a couple things:
- QMAT: http://www.tucows.com/preview/605064
- HxD Hex Editor: http://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Edi…=uo&tag=button
Here is the process:
- Extract the file qmat.exe file from the QMAT download
- This will be used to reverse the CID you get from your phone. This can also be done manually by breaking the string into two character sections then reversing it
Example CID: A0B1C2D3E4F5G6H7I8J9KaLb (32 digits)
Breaking CID into 2`s: A0-B1-C2-D3-E4-F5-G6-H7-I8-J9-Ka-Lb
Remove Dashes: LbKaJ9I8H7G6F5E4D3C2B1A0
- Example: “532600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402” changes to “002600bd227d9c0347329407514d5402”
- This is free for G1 phone, Thanks to Viper! (also works with the myTouch3G)
- Windows 7 and Vista users may need to run the program as Administrator
- Make sure you choose Removable Disk under Physical disks, not under Logical disks
- Now, you should have two tabs, one is your removable disk, the other is goldcard.img.