Posts Tagged ‘1.6’
Disclaimer: You could brick your phone and/or void your warranty. What you read here and then attempt to do is at your own risk. I am not responsible for what you do with your phone, PC, Mac, or whatever else you are messing around with. Proceed at your own risk.
I received a replacement MT3G after successfully rooting, then subsequently bricking my phone attempting to install an incompatible ROM that updated the SPL. Rooters beware. Below is how I rooted my replacement phone that came with stock Android 1.6 build DRC92 and the perfect SPL 1.33.0007. The combination isnt bad to root IF you have the correct files and a Goldcard.
- Download and save the file 2.53.707.2_-_sappimg.zip from http://rapidshare.com/files/267446145/2.53.707.2_-_sappimg.zip
- Discussion thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=548218
- Power down your phone
- Remove the back panel
- Remove the SD card
- Insert the SD card into your PC
- Copy the zip file to the root of your SD card, no folder
- Rename the file to "sappimg.zip" if it isn’t already, be sure that it isnt "sappimg.nbh.nbh"
- Put the SD card into your phone
- Enter "FASTBOOT Mode" on your phone by holding the Volume Down and Power buttons (you can also use the Back and Power buttons)
- The screen will turn white with three little green robots on the bottom
- Click the trackball and wait for it to pick up the "sappimg.zip" file
- It may be necessary to press the down volume button, followed by the back button
- Click the trackball again to begin, it should automatically update from there
- If you do not get "Update Complete!" you will need to build a Goldcard and try again: Here is how to create a Goldcard – http://thatsbadass.com/android/2010/02/08/goldcard-build/
- Once complete, reboot the phone