Never minding the legal wranglings with Honeywell, Nest Labs is on a roll lately and just announced Amazon as the latest retailer to sell the Nest Learning Thermostat. This follows similar announcements concerning Lowes and the Apple Store. Amazon is currently selling the product at its full $ 249 MSRP, but it is available through Prime, making it a little better deal than from other retailers.
This is a big move for Nest Labs. It’s also somewhat surprising that it took so long. The Nest Learning Thermostat launched late last year. As Nest notes in today’s announcement, there are 65 million people who use Amazon regularly. Personally, I check Amazon for any product before turning to other retailers.
At $ 249 the Nest Learning Thermostat is a bit pricey. It’s a hard sell even with the company’s promise that it will reduce a person’s utility bill thanks to its learning functionality and motion sensors. It’s no doubt disruptive enough to capture the attention of Honeywell’s legal hounds, which are currently arguing the thermostat is infringing on seven of its patents related to its thermostat technology and design. But this nonsense hasn’t stopped Nest Labs — at least not yet.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Bridging Digital and Physical Worlds With SixthSense
- Official Angry Birds 3 Star Walkthrough Theme 3 Levels 1-5
- HTC Schubert
- Hook Your Guitar to Your iPhone and Rock Out with iRig
Incoming search terms:
- powered by SMF chronic regional pain syndrome
- Powered by Article Dashboard activity based costing explained
- powered by SMF selling
- powered by SMF bill of
- powered by SMF faux painting pictures
- powered by SMF learning
- powered by SMF learning technology
- powered by SMF sell used video games
- powered by SMF selling toys online