After trotting out some mobile fare at MWC, Acer hasn’t pulled in the reigns on its new product horse, announcing its new V5 notebook this morning at CeBIT. Yes, notebook. At 30 percent slimmer than the class it replaces, these are still trim machines. The 11.6-inch model is only 15mm thick, which is way into Ultrabook territory, while the 14- and 15-inch models land at 21 and sub-23mm respectively. It’s Intel on the inside, including Core i3 and Core i5 processors, with NVIDIA GeForce GT series on-board to handle graphics. Release is penciled in for Q2, and pricing is expected to range from €499 to €699 (about $ 650 to $ 920). If you’re in the market for something a bit less expensive but you’re into the V5′s design, you might take notice of the Aspire One netbook, which is set to use the same chassis but will ship with Intel Pentium and Celeron processors instead, with pricing estimated between €399 and €449 (about $ 525 to $ 590).
We went hands-on with a dummy model of the V5 at CeBIT, though the prototype we saw today may not be the exact design you’ll find in stores later this month. The 15.6-inch sample was very thin and relatively light, with a full-size chiclet keyboard and numberpad on the side. There’s a USB 3.0 port on the left-hand side, along with two standard USB 2.0 ports, an HDMI connector and proprietary Ethernet port. There’s also a pop-out optical drive on the right, though there’s no SD slot in sight. Overall, it’s a very nice design, but we’ll need to wait for the company to demo functional versions before we can pass judgement on performance. As always, you’ll find our video overview just past the break.
Gallery: Acer V5 hands-on
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Bridging Digital and Physical Worlds With SixthSense
- Official Angry Birds 3 Star Walkthrough Theme 3 Levels 1-5
- HTC Schubert
- Hook Your Guitar to Your iPhone and Rock Out with iRig
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard screen cultures
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups find video games
- Powered by Article Dashboard motorcycle parts bmw
- powered by SMF 2 0 honda motorcycle dealerships