We’ll stop just short of quoting Top Gun here, but if it’s speed you crave, these next thousands of words could have you emptying your wallet. How’s that for an opening line? To be honest, it’s been quite some time since any of us Engadget editors booted up a brand new device and immediately let loose a stream of expletives — all expressing unbridled delight, of course. Such was the beginning of our meet-cute with Acer’s Iconia Tab A510, the company’s first Tegra 3 slate, and the second to ship with Ice Cream Sandwich.
Apart from that 1280 x 800 TFT LCD display, this 10-incher looks, feels and performs nothing like its predecessor, the A500. Turbocharged with that quad-core CPU and 1GB of RAM, this Android 4.0 tablet joins a crowded category with a generous 32GB in built-in storage and a reasonable $ 450 price tag to match. So, does that excellence lose its luster with more extensive use? Is your money better spent on any of the other umpteen tablets running ICS? Will the lack of a higher-quality display prove too much of a con for your exquisite tech tastes? Follow on as we probe the A510 for answers.
- Installing Virtue OLED Board & Laser Eyes in Dye DM9 Paintball Gun
- Bridging Digital and Physical Worlds With SixthSense
- Official Angry Birds 3 Star Walkthrough Theme 3 Levels 1-5
- HTC Schubert
- Hook Your Guitar to Your iPhone and Rock Out with iRig
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard university of puget sound
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups 5th grade science lesson plans